On June 17 and 18, European Union Heads of States will for the first time since the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, meet for a meeting in Brussels.
Since the last European Council meeting in June bilateral discussions have taken place between European Council President Charles Michel and various Heads of State. Fully aware of how essential it is to reach a timely agreement, six ‘building blocks’ have been identified:
- Size of the Multi-Annual Financial Framework, the European Union’s long-term budget;
- Rebates for certain Member States;
- Size of the recovery fund;
- Loans and grants;
- Allocation of the Recovery and Resiliency Facility;
- Governance and conditionality.
For more information on the upcoming European Council please click here.« Back