On July 17, the Heads of State or Government endorsed the Country-Specific Recommendations. These recommendations relate to each Member State’s economic, employment and fiscal policy for the upcoming year.
This year, country specific recommendations had to take into account the COVID-19 pandemic, a first in the European Union’s history.
The country specific recommendations reflect the following priorities:
- invest in access, effectiveness and resilience of health care;
- preserve employment and address the social impact of the crisis;
- focus on research and development;
- ensure liquidity provisions and the stability of the financial sector;
- preserve the single market and the circulation of goods and services.
This endorsement is the final stage of the 2020 European Semester process.
For more information on Malta’s Country-Specific Recommendations please click following link.« Back