Cooperation in the field of taxation (FISCALIS)
The Fiscalis programme is an EU cooperation programme that enables national tax administrations to create and exchange information and expertise. It helps Member States to develop and run major trans-European IT tax systems, as well as establishing networks of officials across the EU, and thus helps reduce the administrative burden of tax authorities and compliance costs for taxpayers when needed.
The aim of the Programme is to support tax authorities and taxation in order to enhance the functioning of the internal market, to foster the competitiveness of the Union and fair competition in the Union, to protect the financial and economic interests of the Union and its Member States, including protecting those interests from tax fraud, tax evasion and tax avoidance, and to improve tax collection.
The specific objectives of the Programme are
- to support tax policy and the implementation of Union law relating to taxation;
- to foster cooperation between tax authorities, including exchange of tax information;
- to support administrative capacity building including as regards human competency and the development and operation of European electronic systems.
Eligible actions under this programme include:
- meetings and similar ad hoc events;
- project-based structured collaboration;
- IT capacity-building actions, in particular the development and operation of European electronic systems;
- human competency-building and other capacity-building actions;
- support actions and other actions, including the preparation of studies, innovation activities, in particular proof-of-concepts, pilot projects and prototyping initiatives, jointly developed communication actions, and any other relevant actions provided for in the work programmes
The Programme may finance up to 100% of eligible costs of an action.
The eligible entities to apply for calls under this programme are tax authorities of the Member States and of the third countries associated to the programme.
Request a meeting with a SEM representative to discuss your questions and ideas.Submit Request
Register to kept updated on EU policy updates, events, funding opportunities in your area of interest.Register Now