This year’s Science in the City – European Researchers’ Night programme centered around the theme: The Science of YOU.
Visitors had the opportunity to see how research impacts each and every one of us in our daily lives. The festival presented Malta’s leading scientists, artists and influential thinkers who brought science and the arts to life on September 27.
This year’s EU Corner aimed to amalgamate science and research by promoting the EU’s benefits for citizens – children and students in particular. Themed, ‘The EU for You’, EDIC Valletta/MEUSAC stand showcased how EU funds in the areas of research are invested into beneficial projects for innovation and development.
The EU Corner stand, which was situated next to Triton Fountain, hosted the following entities:
- EDIC Valletta/MEUSAC (Children’s Corner and Publications desk)
- Aqua Bio Tech Group (Horizon 2020 funded project)
- European Parliament Liaison Office in Malta (The EP in virtual reality)
- A Marie-Curie Fellow researcher (Innovative Training Networks)
- European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO)