The general objectives of the “Cinema Networks” scheme are to create and operate a network of cinemas
with a view to:
– Encouraging cinema owners and operators to screen a significant proportion of non-national European
– Contributing to raise the interest of the audience for non-national films including through the
development of educational and awareness activities for young cinemas-goers.
– Helping those cinemas to adapt their strategy to the changing environment including by promoting
innovative approaches in terms of their offer, interaction with the audience and potential partnerships
with other players of the film industry.
– Encouraging exchange of best practice, knowledge sharing and other forms of collaboration amongst
members of the network.
– Contributing to the policy dialogue on the film industry by disseminating the outcome of the activities of
the network of the network beyond its members.